Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace

Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace
Hand sewn and embroidered silk flowers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spring Flowers -Paris Days

Back to those spring days in Paris, I've already made a couple of bouquets of poppies. I can't wait to photograph them! The first has pale white silk outer petals with dark blue silk and black seed beads as the center. The second is  a combination of blush,  pink and lavender  silk  with dark pinks, purples and black beaded centers. Wow, I am so excited. I'm planning some more flowers to combine with these that I remember from bouquets I would buy and make for Francesca or myself.

I'll then turn these into statement necklaces, brooches, hair accessories, maybe some rings this time;  I had a smaller flower in my hand and thought it would be a lovely solitary piece on the hand.

I'm thinking some of these bouquets would be perfect bridal pieces...the silk and flowers, a natural conclusion I think. I'm also exploring other wearable art ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment