Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace

Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace
Hand sewn and embroidered silk flowers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Charlotte's Gray Flowers

This piece I made before the spring flowers came out. I keep coming back to it, as I am always drawn to the color and  sparkle. I love a soft gray and it really brings out the elegance of the jeweled center.

My mother gave me this lovely ribbon and I had just enough to make a necklace and a brooch out of the flowers, so this piece is very unique. The photo doesn't quite do it justice as the ribbon has real depth that offsets the golden pink pearls. The pearls themselves are an amazing find, with great shine and a color I've never seen before, a pink gold, each a little different in shade.

This luxuriously elegant piece is perfect for an evening spent listening to an opera or at an art opening. In the dim lights this lovely treasure will sparkle and shine. You'll have to sip champagne and celebrate beauty. It's modern and artistic sensibility can breath life into any creative soul.


 

1 comment: