Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace

Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace
Hand sewn and embroidered silk flowers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Merging of Talents

It's interesting how my love of horticulture, sewing and jewelry are all coming together nowadays, with each new project I become more in tune with the flowers I hope to embody. I get better at channeling the flower's essence, patterns, shapes, light, texture, but then translate, design and  embellish  according to my sensibilities. Hand dyeing also helps to get the right shades of flowers I've loved and remembered (much easier than finding just the right color in a shop, imagine, not that I haven't tried, just hardly ever succeeded, mostly only got frustrated) by now I am so familiar with the fabric shops in Toronto I can remember all the various colors and shades available. When I find new collections of fabrics it's quite exciting. With dreams of Spring there's a rush of images, ideas, memories I can't wait to manifest, create, photograph and share. Soon my pretties...soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment