Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace

Persephone's White Silk Flowers Necklace
Hand sewn and embroidered silk flowers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Front Page

I've been featured on the front page of Etsy with a new favorite aqua colored statement necklace:

These lovely roses are hand dyed silk with a decadent beaded center made up of warm grayish fresh water pearls, gold seed beads and Swarovski crystals.

I dye my own silk to create unique colors, hues that are not common and to me, are closer to real flowers that way.
I love these hand made flowers, they're soft and shiny and one of-a-kind. The color is like an antique aqua, not over saturated but with a hint of teal and gray, like the sea on an overcast day.

The golden leaves compliment the shimmery centers of the flowers and the dark silver of the gun metal plated chain offsets the pale aqua of the flowers, adding to the elegance of the piece.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment